Styled By April DIY Project of the Week: Distressed Jeans
Posted on April 25 2014
This week's DIY project is distressed jeans. A fun and funky look for any time of the year, the distressed jean is easy to do and I show you how to do it! (TECHNICAL PROBLEMS THE VIDEO WAS ERASED SO STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER VIDEO- SORRY)
HOW TO DISTRESS JEANS:
SANDPAPER or ELECTRIC SANDER
1. CUT THE DESIRED AMOUNT OF HOLES IN YOUR JEANS. HOLES CAN BE AS SMALL OR LARGE AS YOU DESIRE. WITH THE SCISSORS OPEN BEGIN TO FRAY THE CUT HOLES.
2. WITH THE SANDPAPER OR ELECTRIC SANDER SAND THE JEANS IN THE DESIRED PLACE. SANDING WILL GIVE A SAND BLASTED- WORN LOOK. SAND THE HOLES THAT YOU CUT AS WELL, SANDING WILL FRAY THE HOLES.
3. USE THE STEEL BUSH TO RUB HOLES INTO THE JEANS THAT ARE NOT SO TRANSPARENT. THE STEEL BRUSH HELPS WITH THE FRAYING AS WELL.
4. FOR A MORE WORN LOOK APPLY BLEACH. FOR THE PAIR OF JEANS I AM WEARING I APPLIED LIMITED BLEACH WITH A RAG BY "PAINTING" IT ON. IF YOU WANT A MORE ACID WASH LOOK ADD BLEACH TO THE WASH CYCLE OR JUST DOUSE JEANS WITH BLEACH. FOR A TIE-DYE EFFECT TWIST JEANS AND ADD RUBBER BANDS AND THEN APPLY BLEACH.
5. WASH THE JEANS NORMALLY IN HOT WATER.
6. DRY THE JEANS AND CONTINUE TO FRAY THE WHOLES, AND SAND PAPER AS DESIRED
Before and After
Get Your Supplies from: