Tuesday Shoe Day: Summer Espadrilles
Posted on May 05 2014
Espadrilles are usually a casual flat originating from the Pyrenees, you can find this fun shoe as a canvas or cotton upper with flexible sole made of jute rope. Through the years the espadrille has gotten a makeover. Today, for #shoesdaytuesday I am featuring traditional and fashion-forward styles. Espadrilles are casual, however I have paired a few styles with casual look dressier than normal, to make the shoe dressed up.
Which STYLE do you like most?
1. Guess Shoes Lingley- Brown Multi Leather $120
2. SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP 'Leslie' Espadrille Sandal $245
3. Castaner Carina Espadrilles $117
4. Ethno Bondage Leather Espadrilles $1,095
5. Gap Printed Espadrille Slip Ons- blue stripe $40
6. Charlotte Olympia Capri Cats leopard-pring calf hair espadrille flats $595
7. Tory Burch Beacher Flat Espadrille Navy|Pink Fabric $125
8. Valentino Maroon Grain Leather Studded Espadrille Flats $795
9. Chanel Espadrilles $685.00 (sold from a resale community vestiaire- SOLD OUT)
TYPE THE SHOES YOU LIKE IN THE SEARCH BOX TO SHOP!
Espadrilles look best with shorts, because they are casual like the shoe. Dress up your look by paring espadrilles with chic details and shorts with a dessier element like brocade.
Let your fun espadrilles have a moment. Pair them with a cropped & tailored pair of capri pants.
Wearing a casual maxi dress? Pair it with an espadrille with a heel or wedge. Perfect for a summer festival concert or a vacation look.
Learn how to discover your personal style! Click here.
Iconic Woman T-Shirt of the Month: